A ministry for adoptive families in need of short-term housing while in Kiev

Thursday, March 10, 2011

New friends

Dessert time with John & Diana---he loved the whipped cream!
I had my first guests stay with me who found out about the hospitality house via the blog.  I had already hosted a few friends passing through who I had known prior to their arrival in Ukraine- but my newest friend, Diana, just 'happened' to stumble across my site and emailed me--literally just a couple hours after I had published the site! It was a good confirmation that I was onto something!


It worked out wonderfully for Diana and her sweet little guy, John, to stay a few nights with me while they finished up at the Embassy in Kiev and then flew home to the US this past Saturday.

It is such a delight to get to meet amazing people like Diana and take part in their adoption story! I am always so blessed how the body of Christ can connect all over the world and find unity and truly be one in spirit-- and to have a heart for the orphan and adoption is an added bonus and point of connection.  Diana and I got in some great conversation time and I am so excited for their family as they welcome home this sweet boy and offer him a place of healing and belonging.

2 comments:

  1. Karen, what a WONDERFUL ministry you have going on here. As an adoptive mom of four great kiddos from Ukraine and Russia, I cannot even BEGIN to tell you what a blessing this will be for adoptive families. A warm, comfortable, safe place to stay and a new friend who speaks English! It's priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, thank you so much for having John and me! You were a huge blessing to us. I think that John's transition from the orphanage to the real world was made so much easier because of your wonderful hospitality. I enjoyed meeting you and getting to know you while I stayed at your great new apartment. I know that the Lord is going to continue use you mightily for His glory. I look forward to keeping up with your blogs and hope that you can visit us when you are in the U.S.!

    ReplyDelete